Fun Ways to Teach Children About the Bible
Sometimes it can be difficult to know if kids are really getting the message when they’re being taught scripture. Limited attention spans can make it difficult to keep them engaged in the lessons. No need to worry, though, because below are some fun ideas for you to use when you’re teaching your kids about the Bible!
Hands-on activities are a great way to keep your children engaged. You could:
- Plan a scavenger hunt – once you’ve chosen a verse you want to read, pick out some objects from the story for your kids to find. After you read them the story, give them a list and send them off to find all the items.
- Do some arts and crafts! Get out the crayons, construction paper, glitter glue, and whatever else you have and have them decorate a page with a verse that they can hang up in the house and see it every day.
- While you’ve got the crayons out, you could have them illustrate the story – this will help them visualise important points in the tale.
- Put together a ‘costume box’ with things you have around the house. Have the kids pick a role, make the costume, then work together to make the set and background for the scene before they act it out.
- Similarly, they could make puppets and perform some puppet theater!
Another great activity for the whole family would be to introduce some healthy competition with a Bible trivia night. Playing biblical songs or movies is also a great, low-energy way to teach them. If you’re reading directly from the Bible, you could utilize props or find some illustrated children’s books. The important thing is to change up how you’re giving them the information and get them excited to learn.
Meet the Author
Meet the Author descriptive text goes here...
More text can go hereLearn more